The Massachusetts-Rhode Island Council of Trout Unlimited is a grassroots conservation organization dedicated to protect, reconnect, restore and sustain the region’s coldwater resources.
Part of the National Trout Unlimited organization, founded in 1959, the Massachusetts-Rhode Island Council of Trout Unlimited is the unifying body region wide, connecting more than 4,500 members spread among 13 chapters.
Through advocacy, education and partnerships with other statewide conservation organizations, the Council works towards improving the ecological health of rivers and streams throughout the state.
Our motto, taken from one of Trout Unlimited’s founding members is, “If you take care of the fish, the fishing will take care of itself.”
The Massachusetts Rhode Island Council is a non-profit organization with 501(3)c status under the umbrella of Trout Unlimited National and the following organizational hierarchy:
- Chairman: John Troiano, Narragansett Chapter
- Vice Chair: Paul Beaulieu, Pioneer Valley Trout Unlimited
- Secretary: Peter Schilling, Greater Boston Trout Unlimited
- Treasurer: Steve Kundrot, Greater Boston Trout Unlimited
- Vice Chair, Environmental Affairs: John Burns, Taconic Chapter
- Vice Chair, Fundraising: John Salemi, Greater Boston Trout Unlimited
- Vice Chair, Conservation:
- Vice Chair, Communication: OPEN
- National Leadership Council Rep: Garry Crago, Greater Boston Trout Unlimited
Comments? Questions? Contact us using the form below.