The Massachusetts-Rhode Island Council of Trout Unlimited is a grassroots conservation organization dedicated to protect, reconnect, restore and sustain the region’s coldwater resources.
Part of the National Trout Unlimited organization, founded in 1959, the Massachusetts-Rhode Island Council of Trout Unlimited is the unifying body region wide, connecting more than 4,500 members spread among 13 chapters.
Through advocacy, education and partnerships with other statewide conservation organizations, the Council works towards improving the ecological health of rivers and streams throughout the state.
Our motto, taken from one of Trout Unlimited’s founding members is, “If you take care of the fish, the fishing will take care of itself.”
The Massachusetts Rhode Island Council is a non-profit organization with 501(3)c status under the umbrella of Trout Unlimited National and the following organizational hierarchy:
- Chairman:Â Henry Sweren, Taconic Chapter
- Vice Chair: Josh Rownds, Nor’East Chapter
- Secretary:Â Rui Coelho, Greater Boston Chapter
- Treasurer: Horace Taft-Ferguson, Deerfield River Watershed Chapter
- Vice Chair, Environmental Affairs:Â Open
- Vice Chair, Finance:Â Â
- Vice Chair, Conservation: Open
- Vice Chair, Communication: Roberta Schilling, Cape Cod Chapter
- National Leadership Council Rep: Bill Pastuszek, Deerfield River Watershed Chapter
Comments?Â Questions?Â Â Contact us using the form below.